The proof is there. Staging your home helps to increase property value and sell your home quicker. Here are five home-staging ideas for a faster and better sale.
1. Aesthetics Are Important. The majority of folks only pay attention to real estate listings with nice pictures. Anything that looks blurry, dated, or messy? Next! Before you even think about taking real estate photos or having an open house, make sure it looks nice. There are plenty ofways to decorate your home for a more inviting feel; lighting each room with ambient, task, and accent lighting can help people feel more comfortable. Also,try mixing together three different sized table decorations with different colours, shapes, and textures,and don’t forget to declutter every single room which should be a home seller’s number one priority.
2. Too Personal. Is Too Much Okay, this one can be a bit tough butyou have to take down some of your family photos on the wall. If ahome-buyer can’t picture themselves living within your space because you and your kids are, well, everywhere, they’re not going to buy it. Replace those dozens of family pictures with modern art pieces placed in creative spaces throughout your home for a clean and inviting aesthetic.
3. Contemporary Sells. If your home is out-dated, there are plenty of simple home improvements you can do to sell your homefaster. Paint the inside of your front door a different colour than the rest of your house, stick with a neutral theme throughout the interior, and try adding pops of colour to walls that make sense. Giving your home a fresh and modern look will wow those home-buyers and who knows? They might just put in an offer.
4. Style Furniture. For bed room staging ideas, try creating a relaxing atmosphere with soft colours, fresh linens, and furniture that’s in good shape. For living room styling tips, keep the area clean and neatly add throw pillows and blankets to the couch to create a comfy feeling. Also, autumn is here and if you’re wantingto stage your home for the fall season, look no further than your own backyard. Try an autumn DIY project where you collect leaves and create a dining room table centrepiece for some budget-friendly home staging.
5. DIY Home Décor. I mentioned above about a budget-friendly way to stage your dining room, and if money is an issue or you just like to get crafty, there are so many ways to improve your home with little to no money out ofyour pocket, like making your own art work and frames to hang on the wall, creating your own head board for the bedroom, and getting comfortable with doing minor maintenance on your own likepatching up holes, recaulking the sinks, and keeping up with your landscaping.
For more ways to sell your home quick, see 20 helpful tips to helping your homesell. When you’re ready, get in touch and I’ll happily help you list your home and sell it fast